Did you say BIRDS????
|Mr. Nelson and Mrs. Gray|
It's been four years since the start of WIFCaP and I cannot say I am burned out. BUT I am tired and ready for the change that is about to come for the winter.
My husband will join me in the retired status as of the end of the year. It is only fitting that we try to spend some of our golden time together and free from commitment, which is what retirement is supposed to mean.
We have purchased a winter home in South Texas and on October 30th we will "head south". That time is quickly approaching and I'm feeling a little like panicking! How can I leave what I love to do? How can I leave the porch kitties?
In my head, it is all worked out.
- I have purchased a Kitty Tube with heater for each of the 3 porch kitties. They will be warm and dry.
- I have 3 of our board members that will come to be sure they have food and water daily. They will be fed.
- Same 3 and anyone driving by is welcome to come on the porch and give them some love. They will get more comfortable with other people.
- We have a caretaker across the street watching our house (along with everyone else in town..LOL...Small towns are great!)
- We have surveillance cameras and security system to protect them and our house. I can even watch from my smart phone!
|Picture of the new homes purchased for the porch kitties|