Monday, September 5, 2011

The Spider Mansion!


This is the 2nd feeding station that we set up in Walnut.  It's an old abandoned house that we've seen cats living in.  Its a mess...all windows are broken, its totally falling apart.  We first dubbed the structure "The Mansion", but having walked thru it, we have decided "The Spider Manson" is a way better fit!

These pics of the windows and the inside of the porch, show the destruction.  I've seen cats fly down into the hole to hide when we come in.

 
There is feces and other litter everywhere.  Including evidence of drug usage.  This place is being used not only by cats, but by people too.


Anyone know what this is???

I must admit I felt a little like CSI when "touring" this place.  I didnt have a flashlight, but I wish I'd had a gun....just in case!
It is on the city council agenda for next month to be abated for abandoned and nuisance property. 
In the meantime, we will continue to feed the kitties here.  This coming up week, I will start to trap here and see what we find.  I dont know if there are 2 or 12!