Friday, November 25, 2011

Oh Yes, They Are Thankful!


Possum

I took this shot of my Possum the other day.   I had the piece of lace draped over a lamp to use as a backdrop for my etsy listings.    Both she and Gibbs were happy to keep it warm for me and to "help" me with my work.


Gibbs

Yesterday we spent time with our families and ate ourselves sick.  This morning, I was watching Gibbs gather 3 toy mice into a little herd and then bat them all over the house.  He likes being scratched on his stomach and will lay there and purr for as long as I can scratch.  I was telling my husband how he was born to be a house cat and how he loves to play (all 15 pounds of him) and how happy I am that he will never have to live outside again, wondering why he was abandoned or when and if he will eat again.

He is grateful.  I can see it in his demeanor, I can hear it in his purr and I see it in his eyes.  I know all my cats are grateful. I rescued my other 3 when they were tiny and I am in hopes that they don't have memories of the darkness beneath the porch or the cold trailer house with nothing to eat or drink...Gibbs remembers....and he is grateful.

I am thankful that out of all the places in town he would stray to, it our house.  Even though the others don't seem to like him yet, he came here.  He was a starving, lost little cat soul and God drew him to the place he could call home. 

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and that you know how grateful your cats are that they have you to care for them and to love them.  They give us unconditional love.  They don't care about how we look, or what we do for a living. They just know that they are secure and they are loved, and they give back so much more! ~Kathy

Western Iowa/Walnut Iowa Feral Cat Program is all about saving the lives of feral and free roaming cats in Western Iowa...see our Donation Page to see how you can help!