Sunday, October 19, 2008

Getting Nervous!

By loving and understanding animals, perhaps we humans shall come to understand each other!

Dr. Louis J. Camuti

Now that we have been approved for non profit status with the Community Club, I am so anxious to get started. I keep seeing strays and I know they are hungry and I know they are going to multiply...Where to start? What to do? Ok...settle down. haha!

I will be gone to a tourism conferance for the next couple days, but will keep up with comments and mail. So if you have ideas, I'm totally open. I sent an email to Hearts United in NE City, NE. They are a clinic that might be able to help us and I am waiting to hear back from them. As soon as I get back I will set a date for the first meeting, make some posters, inform the newspaper and go from there! I wonder if we should invite Avoca to join us in this project. I have heard many stories of feral kitties around the truck stop. I went there the other day and was told that there are 3 living close to the cafe...they are everywhere and they are beautiful. It feels good to know they are going to get some help. The time cant get here soon enough!