Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby Possum

Baby Possum Helps me sew!
Just like our kids, we love looking at old pictures of our pets too.  This was so cute.  Possum, just a tiny little thing, had to be in the center of my sewing experience.  Things havent changed.  As you know most of my photos of quilts and other projects include a cat!  

A Little Did Ya Know About Cats
This hint comes from my heart.....I do a lot of sewing and quilting, which of course means I have pins and threads and other objects that can be dangerous to our kitties.   I have watched my Lucy sit on the quilt machine and pick ALL the pins out of the take up roller and drop them one by one onto the floor...she usually does this when she wants attention.  I know she could swallow one or get one caught and it terrifies me.  One other time, Ricky was making a funny smacking noice with his mouth and I found thread in there that he was dragging down from the attic!  The spool was up there on my table, about two feet was down his throat and the rest was strung thru out 3 floors of house!  If it wasnt so dangerous it would have been funny!  Please be careful with your hobby items.  They can be deadly to your pet!  Meow!