Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Possum


"Perhaps it is because cats do not live by human patterns, do not fit themselves into prescribed behavior, that they are so united to creative people." Andre Norton

This is Possum. My rescued baby that is now 2 years old. Possum's story is a sad one. She was one of a litter that was born underneath my cousins porch. Thinking she had been abandoned by her mother, Susie and I sawt her out and found that she had been trapped in an upturned concrete block over more than a day! After sawing open the porch and concocting a very interesting "ladder" made of cardboard and tulle', Little Possum emerged, hungry and frightened into the hands of her new person...me! As you can see she is quite creative and loves to help me sew. Quilts are her favorite. No longer frightened or starving, she enjoys lounging around the house and attempting to eat thru my screens!