Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tekoe's Story....




I received the following note from my friend in Florida. She has recently "rescued" a little cat that would have been doomed to be put "down", if Kathy hadnt decided to take her.


"Tekoe was my cousins 93 year old Mother's cat. Her Mother died, and I had recently had to put my dog to sleep after 15 years. My husband died almost two years ago so it can get very lonely here. I thought about another dog, but did not want to have to worry about letting it outside. I thought of a kitten, and then it smacked me in the face. What about Tekoe? I called my cousin, and asked if I could take the cat. Tekoe had been at the Vets for two months while they were trying to get her adopted. Tekoe needed me and I definitely needed her. My cousin had her front claws removed. After the healing process, Tekoe was shipped via airplane from Seattle, WA to Florida. All of this was so traumatic for the sweetheart.
This five year old little Tuxedo Cat and I bonded immediately. I am getting used to the cat type behaviors-the more I leave her be, the more she seeks me out. She has a great personality, and can be very loving when the mood strikes her. I love this little cat and am so grateful for her. Thanks for all the great work you and your community are doing for the stray kitties.
Here's a couple of pictures of Princess Tekoe."

It's compassionate and caring people like my friend Kathy that will make this little grass roots effort work. Kathy has decided to donate to our cause and I am so thankful to her.

Please share your rescued Kitty story with us along with a couple photos. We would like to share your story!